Ready to turn your classroom into the ultimate hub of excitement and engagement? We’ve just released our new “Classroom Tips & Tricks” resource, with great ideas to bring your classrooms to life and support your students’ physical literacy development.
Benefits of Physical Activity and Physical Literacy Throughout the School Day
By infusing regular physical activity and nurturing physical literacy throughout the school day, including in your classroom, students are in for a host of benefits:
- Improved attention and self-regulation through regular movement breaks
- Sparked creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Reduced anxiety and stress levels
- Enhanced social-emotional well-being
- Developed movement skills
- An overall experience of fun and enjoyment through being active
Incorporating the Classroom Tips & Tricks Resource
Use the new “Classroom Tips & Tricks” resources to turn your class into a place where learning and moving go hand in hand! Here’s a sneak peek at some of the ideas in the resource:
- Warm-Up Leadership: Empower students to lead warm-up activities, fostering confidence and motivation.
- Active Learning Stations: Integrate physical tasks into lesson stations.
- Create a math station that involves jumping or hopping while solving problems
- Create a literacy station where students act out stories or use body movements to represent vocabulary words.
- Physical Activity with Environmental Awareness: Integrate eco-friendly projects like gardening, tree planting, or park cleanup. Foster discussions about sustainability and taking care of the environment.
Curious for more? Download the full resource here and get ready to create a classroom atmosphere where learning is not just a mental exercise but a whole-body adventure.
“Classroom Tips & Tricks” is a great addition to the ongoing toolkit of ideas and activities available through the School Physical Activity and Physical Literacy project, including resources like: